Tunze Macro Algae Reactor 3182
$999.00 inc GST
Macro Algae Reactor
The Macro Algae Reactor MAR 3182 is specially constructed to cultivate algae in seawater and plants in freshwater.
Chaetomorpha “Spaghetti Algae” is cultured by many marine aquarists to eliminate nitrates and phosphates from the aquatic biotope. It is absolutely sufficient to harvest a handful of algae from time to time to maintain the biological balance in an aquarium – an economical and easy alternative to many chemicals or resins.
Naja Grass, Najas guadalupensis, can be grown to purify freshwater systems,
such as cichlid biotopes.
TUNZE® MAR 3182 can be placed in any filter basin or next to the aquarium without external filter technology.
The water circulation in the reactor ensures the rotation of the algae culture and thus reduces the number of light sources accompanied by strong plant growth.
For aquariums from 500 to 1,600 liters (132 – 423 USgal.).
Flow rate adjustable from 1,000 to 2,400 l/h (264 – 634 USgal.).
Energy consumption of the pump: approx. 10 to 31 W
Energy consumption of the 2 LEDs: 18 W
Measurements of the reactor (L x W x H): 310 x 250 x 430 mm (12.2″ x 9.8″ x 16.9″)
With Comline® pump 2500 electronic and Turbelle® Controller basic 7090.200.
Functions of the TUNZE® algae reactor MAR 3182:
– Cultivation of algae in seawater and plants in freshwater
– Biological detoxification of ecosystems by algae / plants
– Reduction of nitrate and phosphate content
– Filtration of the aquarium water
– Production of food supplement for fish
– Zooplankton refuge, serving as food for corals and fish
– Enrichment of the water with oxygen
• LED eco chic refugium 8831 9 W
• Circulation pump Comline® Pump 2500 electronic
• Turbelle® Controller basic 7090.200
• Silicone hoses