Polyp Lab Genesis Rock Booster
$69.95 inc GST
Increase the overall filtration power of your tank by adding these two Genesis Rocks and using our bacterial supplement Polyplab Genesis.
– Includes (2) Genesis Rocks, (1) Bottle Genesis Bacteria
– 23,000+ Additional Square Feet of Bacterial Space For Each Block
– Reduces Phosphates and other dissolved organic compounds.
– Increased Beneficial Bacteria Colonies
– Zero Leach Technology – 100% Fired Ceramics
Rock Dimensions 4 x 4 x 1
WHAT IS GENESIS ROCK?
Genesis Rock is a 100% Ceramic Compound fired at 600+ degrees that will last in your tank for years. Providing over 23,000 square feet of space per black for beneficial aquarium bacteria to form, these blocks providing a tremendous amount of filtration power and significantly reduce phosphates, nitrates, and other dissolved organic compounds. The Genesis Rock can be used in fresh or saltwater aquariums and can be used under your sand or rock substrate, in your refugium, or simply hidden in your aquascape.
WHAT IS GENESIS BACTERIA?
A concentrated mixture of dormant bacteria.
Working with a Canadian biotechnology firm, we have manufactured a custom blend of bacterial strains with concentrations of over 80 billion cells/mL. In their planktonic state, these bacteria serve as a highly nutritious food source for corals and zooplankton. More importantly, these complimentary bacterial strains form nutrient-consuming biofilms.
GENESIS ROCK DIRECTIONS:
- Each Genesis Rock can support up to 1325 litre size aquarium, our kit includes 2650 litres worth of coverage in two rocks. Heavier bio load tanks such as predator tanks for example should increase the coverage suggested above.
- Rinse material well with purified water, but preferably aquarium water. Our rock is specifically designed for zero leaching so we have very little dust, but we recommend washing just to be sure.
- Place Genesis Rock in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, Add your bacteria to the container based on the size of the aquarium you are adding the rocks. Allow for your Genesis Rocks to stand at least 12 hours, and then place them inside your aquarium. If you are not using any bacterial supplement, you can place rock directly in the aquarium after rinsing. You can discard the soaked water to ensure no microscopic dust gets moved to your aquarium.
- Using more blocks than the capacity recommended above is ok, and will increase your filtration power.
Aerobic – Optimized for Nitrite, Ammonia Removal
To use the Genesis Rocks to create aerobic bacteria, place the blocks above water level over your refugium, overflow, or suspended in your system. Run tank water over the rocks, and allow the overflow to run into your sump, refugium, or display. Do not run your entire system flow over the rocks, only around 40 gallons per hour is estimated for this application.
Anaerobic – Optimized for Nitrate Removal
Install the Genesis Rocks in a very low flow area, deprived of as much oxygen as possible below the waterline. This can be a low flow area in your sump or refugium, under your sand, or in your aquascape. Anaerobic bacteria break down the most nitrate in these low oxygen environments.
Aerobic & Anaerobic – Optimized for general performance
Install the Genesis Rocks in a medium flow area of your tank, sump, refugium, or other portion of your system which has a medium flow of water. This will allow the outside of your Genesis Rocks to propagate Aerobic bacteria while the inner portions of your Genesis Rocks generate Anaerobic bacteria.
*Be sure not to place the Genesis Rock in any area where it might rub against other equipment and cause damage to the block such as a vibrating protein skimmer as an example.
GENESIS BACTERIA DIRECTIONS:
- 1 drop per 20 gallons of total system water volume daily. Increase to 4 drops daily per 20 gallons for two weeks if using to cycle a new system.